battery problems : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

nspeedrace

The last few years I've been having to buy a new battery every year. its getting ridiculous and I don't know why they keep dying on me. I've had jet skis for years and my brothers do to. None of them have this problem. I used a smart charger to charge them over years, idk if that has anything to do with it. I recently switched to a trickle charger to charge them but no luck with the battery from last year. I have been trying to charge it throughout the year. Can it be my jet ski? the 12 volt light is always on even when I buy a new battery and put it in. It has never given me problems while it runs so i haven't really thought anything of it. Also if it is the jet ski wouldn't the battery just die on me while I'm out riding. I'm up for any opinion or advice on battery care so just start throwing stuff at me.

Thanks
(btw its a 1997 GTX Sea Doo)

A few things.........

1) You really shouldn't leave the charger on all the time. Even the best "Tenders" will have a tendency of boiling out the fluids. I hit my skis about 2~3 times during the winter. My Boat sits all winter. I make sure it has a full charge before winter, and a good charge when it comes out of hibernation.

2) Are you buying good batteries? Over the years... I've seen a bunch of brands that just SUCK !!! The top 3 suck batteries are :Wal-Mart, Interstate, Chief Auto. (and it's other brands)

Test your charging system.
Measure the voltage across the battery with it idling on the trailer around 4-5,000 RPM. Report the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back