battery anyone heard of this brand 18 month warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone trying to keep there new battery good for a while, I found that home depot sells the black & decker batter tender for $20. This is the cheapest I could find one that still got good reviews. It has a output of 1.3A which makes it mpem safe.

Uuuuuh-oooooooo, you just opened a new can of worms........ :D

The only thing I will say on this chapter of the thread, is make sure you have a maintainer that uses float mode, (generic term) voltage monitoring. In other words, when it gets close to 14+/- volts it stops charging until voltage drops below 12.5 +/- Some of these cheap so called maintainers will keep supplying voltage & will boil the batteries to certain death over a long period of storage.

these are two chargers I have from Schumacher. One is a great charger for endless storage, use them all the time. The other is a battery destroyer. Notice the small difference? Shumaker should be embarrassed to call the one on the right a maintainer. I bought two of them & both boiled out the batteries they were connected to after a month or so. No float mode. Two new batteries & two chargers in the garbage can that spring. The learning experience cost me $200. I was not happy.... :(

Also, I think with keeping the MPEM safe, I think its very important to never install the lanyard with a charger of any kind hooked up. Like many members here, I also charge with the battery installed, but lanyard tucked away.

Attachments

• !cid_EC591391-BFCB-4312-81DE-C1CA33F0E523.jpg
    !cid_EC591391-BFCB-4312-81DE-C1CA33F0E523.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 7
  • photo-22.JPG
    photo-22.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Very good information there^^. I didn't even know they made them without the float mode. The one I recommended dose have the float mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back