IMG_1552.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
New Fuel gauge.

New fuel gauge,

chased the baffle/ float and gauge and thought that the previous owner and bridged the F1 "fuse" but turns out he had missed.

Gauge looks nice but you can see in the photos the range displayed from empty to full.

any thoughts ?

Dr Honda, Pale Rider I'm looking in your direction

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1619.jpg
    IMG_1619.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 13
New fuel gauge,

chased the baffle/ float and gauge and thought that the previous owner and bridged the F1 "fuse" but turns out he had missed.

Gauge looks nice but you can see in the photos the range displayed from empty to full.

any thoughts ?

Dr Honda, Pale Rider I'm looking in your direction

your saying when empty the gauge reads full? and Vice Versa? is the wiring correct.

your saying when empty the gauge reads full? and Vice Versa? is the wiring correct.

Nar, it reads the write way. However when empty(held up right- allowing the float to fall to the bottom) it reads what looks to me as 1/4 (shown in picture).

I've installed the baffle and the tank is half full and that's what the gauge reads.

Its not a gauge from a 97 challenger as I'm sure you worked out, might be the display range from that gauge.

not a war stopper but kinda confusing.

Thanks for the quick response Pale Rider,
Digging the seats big time.
If your ever in Australia and miss working on your boat you can always drop me a line.

Nar, it reads the write way. However when empty(held up right- allowing the float to fall to the bottom) it reads what looks to me as 1/4 (shown in picture).

I've installed the baffle and the tank is half full and that's what the gauge reads.

Its not a gauge from a 97 challenger as I'm sure you worked out, might be the display range from that gauge.

not a war stopper but kinda confusing.

Thanks for the quick response Pale Rider,
Digging the seats big time.
If your ever in Australia and miss working on your boat you can always drop me a line.

I have a good friend over in Aussie land that I speak with often in our FJ forum! I`d need to hit the lottery to live there!...lol...
Pale Rider Performance AU, I can dig that! hahahaha thanks!

I have an intermittent similar thing going on with ours but at the top end, when full it will read 3/4. when I had the asy apart all looked good and dry no holes, lately it has been reading full when full... If I get an opportunity to remove it again (those hoses are a bugger) I`ll change out the float, I should have done that while it was out...

as far as the differences in gauges or it`s origin, I can`t say if the OHM`s are the same for all, if so, maybe a ground wire or connection needs to be checked or cleaned. I`ve know even the slightest corrosion can create some resistance in the circuit.

what`s weird is I see that ours is not even symmetrical or even between reading the gauge and what`s actually in the tank, so when I`m stopped, I often look in the hatch and also note fuel level in the tank.

in the beginning I thought the boat was a gas hog, but properly running and cruising it is quite efficient for what it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back