Anyone used or heard of MASTERPRO 2 cycle Sport oil for Seadoo 720?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vallentinerocks

taking the two seadoos out this weekend and didnt have any extra oil left in case i run low, and went shopping around town for something to have on hand. Found a brand called MASTERPRO 2 cycle Sport oil specifically for PWC and Snowmobiles, its NOT a tc-w3 oil. It states ISO EGD and JASO FC approved (no API-TC listed). It lists Bombardier/skidoo/seadoo on the label, along with Kawa,Yam,Polaris,artic cat and jet boats. It is a synthetic blend low ash content.

So it was 4.29 a quart so i bought what they had in stock, 6 quarts. Anyone know of this oil or if its specs seem compatible?

there was a masterpro oil in stock other than the Sport oil i got in stock. it was tc based. this one is not, thats why i bought it. Part number on this oil is 80022 from Masterpro.

oops Masterpro or pro Sport.
Sport is not certified which cost more. Its like non OEM replacement :)

If you have the 800 spend the xtra bucks. Not worth a rebuild

If your ski's have an engine larger that a 720 you need to be using full synthetic to lubricate the rave valves. Also I would be leery with no API-TC rating.

Lou

the JASO FC is the Jap equivalent of the API-TC.

I'd say the oil is fine... but... there is still a real issue with mixing 2 stroke oils. They don't always mix, and can cause issues. I wouldn't use it in my ski unless I was draining the other oil first.

I here ya Dr Honda.... btw, i am a JAP. :o) both my skis have the same 720 motors and No Rave valves. Im probably not going to run out of oil in either of my skis this weekend but i hate to go without extra on the trailer. Closest seadoo dealer to me is over an hour away and didnt get time to get down there. I wanted to have some oil and this is all i found in town that was not tc-w3. And lists Seadoo/skidoo/bomb first and is a synthetic blend and low ash (not ashless). I saw in older posts that someone came across the same oil and asked the same question. No one really didnt know much about this particular brand. thanx guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back