Added another X4 to the fleet today y

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get some pics later, but I can say that it doesn't appear to have ever had an aftermarket exhaust; all the manifold bolts still had paint on them. The larger water lines on the back of the motor appear to have been T'd at one time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small update: I got the motor pulled and hull cleaned up some.
200.jpg
. It cleaned to pretty good considering all I had was some dollar store cleaner. You can just see the hose in the top right appears to have been T'd before. I'm assuming for the front discharges

It's been a busy few weeks around here, so I haven't gotten a ton done on the ski, which has been named the RXP (for Red XP). I did get new fuel lines installed as well as get the top end of the motor pulled apart. When I got the jugs off this is what I found: MAG side

324.jpg

And PTO

325.jpg

I'd say it got a little warm! Needless to say this piston and cylinder is toast but luckily the MAG side cylinder walls were fine. I have a spare stock jug and piston laying around, so I ordered new rings and roller bearings to reassemble this motor since the MAG cylinder is still in spec. I know that a full rebuild is the best option here, but being that I don't put a ton of hours on a ski each year and this one will be getting sold in the near future, its worth the money to prolong a rebuild in this case.

Also, can anyone ID this plate? Neither of my other XPs have it.
326.jpg

That plate is a cover plate because it used to have a UMI on it. Look on the inside and see if you see holes that would be covered by that plate near the corners.

Well, nothing too exciting has happened with this build. I replaced the scored piston and cylinder with one from my parts ski that was still good. After hitting the cylinders with the hone and putting new rings in, I taped everything up and gave the motor a coat of paint

465.jpg

466.jpg

Motor waiting to go in. How's this for a (messy) garage full of X4s?

467.jpg

Also, I think I figured out why it didn't run. I found this when I opened up the carbs:

468.jpg

Rebuild kits will be on order soon. I go back to school soon, so I am trying to get as much done as I can in the time that I have left. This weekend I hope to have the motor aligned and locked down, pump and some exhaust installed. I've also decided to pull the intake grate and sponsons and replace with stock since they won't really affect resale. I'm either keeping them for another build or they will be up for sale soon.

you can get it in by removing the front e-box and sliding it in from the front storage compartment, tight fit but it works.

Hey just side note from dork electrical guy. They make butt connectors that crimp. Then heat with crack torch and walla.. soldiered sealed and shrink wrapped in 60 secs. They are expensive .. like 50 cents a piece on ebay. Only way to go in SD hostal elect world. Imop! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back