98 XP Limited rebirth

Swampman79

I have recently started reviving my 98 xp limited. It has been sitting for five years. So far I have taken out the fuel pick up and repaired it (had no reading). I drained the tank. I also replaced all the fuel lines and filter housing. Rebuilt the carbs with OEM kit not aftermarket. Spark plugs anhave been replaced. Any thing else I need to do before I move on. Short story is my aunt bought it from me around 2005 time frame. They used it off and on but the last five years it has been sitting. Before I sold it to her I had the engine rebuilt because oil pump failed and locked up motor. I deleted the oil pump already. It does turn over just don’t know if i need to do anything else.

Test compression… Just to say you did
Fully charged and load test battery
You’ve come this far on the fuel system you might as well throw a selector / off valve at it

Test compression… Just to say you did
Fully charged and load test battery
You’ve come this far on the fuel system you might as well throw a selector / off valve at it
I took the selector out and cleaned it up best I could. Compression was on the list. Thanks

Check/change jet pump oil.
Clean RAVE valves
I will look into the jet pump. I have looked at the rave valves but only removed the covers. I will fully remove them and clean them up. I have seen where people modify them. Is that necessary?

Back