97 Seadoo 717 GTI Head Bolt Sheared Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the engine head bolts on my 717 has sheared off. This is the second bolt in the last three years. Im currently reading compressions of 130 front end and 120 back end. Should i be concerned? Or when I fix this issue will this have an effect on my compression? The bolt and low compression are both the pto side. Thanks for the help!

Last time i helicoiled and the new bolt has held tight for two seasons. See the pic below.

EvanIMG_2282.JPG

I've only broken those on removal never from just running. I would just repair that and check the torque on the others. It's not much, it's inch/pound just rememberer that, not ft/lb.. Just check that in the manual. I'm working from my phone so it's tough to flip thru the manual.

Thanks racerxxx. Would you recommend removing the all bolts and cylinder head and resealing the head with new gaskets? Last time I had to remove the head to drill out the broken bolt.

I've used the manual specs and torque wrench to tighten them each season and check them occasionally. Not sure why they have sheared when riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back