97' GSX Winterization? New member. (2) whole days

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1300

There must be a good article/ video for the complete winterization of my boat. (I've had it for 4 months)
I go to, "You Tube". Some people start and run water out and call it good. The Factory manual has me disconnecting 3 hoses and clamping 2 of 3 hoses, then pouring RV anti-freeze into the remaining hose.
But the manual is just vague enough, that I'm not sure which hose's should be used. Is there a blog, video or, post that spells it out step by step?

There is a section on the forum that has a lot of basic information and procedures, the "how to" section. This article is pretty much how most of us winterize our ski's. You'll need about 1/2 gallon of RV/marine (PG) anti-freeze, marine stabil to treat the gasoline, and fogging oil.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?67608-1996-XP-Winterization

In addition to this I also like to do what I consider regular maintenance when I winterize my ski, change pump oil, lube zerk fittings, wash and wax the ski, service the trailer bearings, because in the spring I like to be able to just drop the ski in the water and go.

BTW, welcome to the Seadoo forum.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep what he said. Anyone that gets frost should run antifreeze thru the system, if you are in an area that rarely sees frost, just have a trouble light with a incandescent bulb in it and toss it in the bilge. It will keep it warm enough to make it through a cold night.

Oh, we get frost and, snow(sometimes). Any good video's?

Did you click the link above? That is 100% the best way to winterize your ski. Step by step, author [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] held our hand like a small child on that walk through. Follow that and you'll be set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back