96xp problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie708

Hey guys, went to go out riding yesterday pulled up to the dock and went to start my ski before backing into the water. When I put my key on I got the normal 2 beeps followed by 8 more beeps and the temp light flashed 4 time. It would keep doing this so I disconnected the battery and tryed agin and it was back to normal. I rode the rest of the day with no issues.
The wire going to the temp sensor is connected and seems clean. Any one have any ideas on what it could be? Maybe my mpem is on it's way out?

Thanks
Eddie

Maybe a slight bit of corrosion at key post or on key itself, it definitely wasn't overheating haha.

Rob

Yea it wasn't even started yet at that point. 8 beeps means defective mpem according to the service manual. I just find it odd that if I disconnect the battery it's good to go

If it only did the 8 beep sequence once....then I would consider it a fluke occurrence.

Now if you go out for a day of riding and it happens many times, then I would look into getting a new one. But i'm not going to spend money on a computer for a one or maybe even 2 time occurrence that could be resolved by cleaning connections in front elec box and checking/tightening grounds etc.

Take another ride on it and see how many times it does it.

Rob

It's has happened about 4 times so far. It seems like once u get it out on the water it won't happen again. It seems to be doing it more and more. 9 times out of 10 it is fine just don't wanna get stuck out there I have a new mpem on the way gunna hope that will fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally speaking,,, if it happens more and more it is an electronic module type issue. In the case of the Seadoo, that would be the MPEM.

I would still check all connections and cables as they are MUCH cheaper...

Well thanks for the help guys I will report back once I get the new mpem. I did have the vts box go up in flames last year I had a feeling that wasn't gunna be good for the mpem. I will check over all the connections when I have it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back