951 Di P1102 code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you set the oil injection level properly? You can always adjust to add more oil which is a good thing during break in.

Did you set the oil injection level properly? You can always adjust to add more oil which is a good thing during break in.
Thank you for your suggestion! I did and I set it a little rich.
What happens is that it the plugs are white at idle. as i increase RPM, the plugs get whiter. at 3000 RPM, as shown in the photos, they are WHITE. The old plugs were always a nice brown/tan color (in the image they appear darker than in reality). Now they are not. something changed!

Nah... beat them on the bench and spray with Bra-Kleen that should work. :) I sent 6 to Dale Last week and got them back already. Probably a 6 day turn around from the day I shipped. I was surprised.... pleasantly.

On the injectors I always send them off so of course I would say yes either way. You never can tell though... but There is a good chance they are leaking and/or have a bad spray pattern. That's about $100 or less for all 4.

you said "beat them on the bench..." Great idea! I thought about it and came to the conclusion that using a tool would be quicker and more efficient. So I went to the local hardware store to the "Sea Doo Special Tools section" (see below).
I went with the pick ax. just in case I have other issues! lol!

Sea Doo special tools.jpg

How many hours on both sets of plugs?
Dirty fuel filters an these are know to ruin fuel pumps and engines.
The plugs have maybe an hour on them?
The injectors were just cleaned.
The boat is on fuel pump number three. Filters and pump are about 20 hours old. The inline filter is original. Your thoughts?

I was the second owner and it had already been replaced once. I had the receipt but cant find it as I am curious how many hours it lasted. That pump was replaced and has about 25 hours on it. It may be needing another one.
A friend of mine replaced his Di fuel pump in October a couple years ago. He rode it a few times and it failed in April the following year. He called Sea Doo and they told him they would not help in the repair as it was more than NINETY days old! He put an aftermarket pump in it and sold the boat.
I wont spend the money for a SD pump. I really like riding the XP but I am not a fan of SD engineering. I am thankful they dont build aircraft! Oh, wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back