95 XP carb part and pulling out of storage

JETMORE

Hello, I am new year. First off, i am sorry as i know i am asking a bunch of stuff at once. Very sorry. Got a Sea Doo 95 XP with the 720 motor. Ran great but sat for 2 years with stabilizer in it. So, pulled the carbs and siphoned the old fuel out. Please help me out. What is the best way to get the fuel out of the fuel line(s), without pulling everything out? Also, no clue how this happened but misplaced a couple pieces from one carb (picture below), where would i buy that and what exactly do you call it? Lastly, how do i adjust the settings on the side of carb. Can they be adjusted while on the ski based on how it is running? Thanks a lot. One other thing, i noticed when the throttle is all the way open, while the linkage is engaged that mates the two carbs together, one of the carbs goes a little beyond wide open, if that makes sense, with the butterfly starting to close a little because it is going to far. Looks like i can loosen a nut to adjust this, but wasn't sure if i should. i think the ski runs like 53 on gps, and i am about 200 pounds, so seems pretty good. Another one, i notice the little idle adjustment on the one carb seems to keep the butterfly a little open. i am betting ifi back it down, then it will just cut off, but is that how that should be, just always a little throttle being forced in order to keep it running. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• sea doo carb.jpg
    sea doo carb.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 0
That’s the needle seat and clip to hold it in place, as Mikidymac mentioned rebuild the carb with the back to OEM kit from OSD marine and follow his carb rebuild thread, no need to get the stabilized fuel
Out of the lines, stabilizer keeps fuel good for up to 2 years. Yes the high and low speed screws can be adjusted while on the machine but you should just put tn to stock settings according to Seadoo source when your rebuilding them

Not sure the fuel in the lines is stabilized. I put stabilizer in the tank and then got busy and didn't run it. So I need to drain the lines I guess? What's the easiest way to fo that? Thx a lot

Not sure the fuel in the lines is stabilized. I put stabilizer in the tank and then got busy and didn't run it. So I need to drain the lines I guess? What's the easiest way to fo that? Thx a lot
When your rebuilding or cleaning, ( I recommend rebuilding) the carb you will lose the fuel in the lines

Back