'94 SPi, 587cc, Single Mikuni BN-38

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsoley

Hi All,
I finished up my 587cc, single BN-38, SPi project and took it to the lake for the first time yesterday. Idled in the water fine, but any bit of throttle input would cause it to bog out.

To then re-start the ski, i had to use the choke which i thought was odd as the engine was warm.

I rebuilt the entire fuel system. Removed + Cleaned Tank, new 'used' Baffle, New Fuel Lines, New Fuel Selector Valve, New Fuel Filter, Carb Cleaned + Rebuilt with Mikuni Rebuild Kit, Pop-Off @ 29psi (spec is 21-37psi), High Speed @ 0 per manual, Low Speed @ 1 per manual and Engine Compression is dead on 148psi each cylinder.

*One thing to note, was that this engine WAS a dual carb setup based on the pulse line fitting being on the front (MAG) side of the block in lieu of the rear (for single carb applications) .... that being said, does a 587cc transition from dual carb to single carb affect low speed / high speed / carb settings?

What do people believe this might be? I am thinking it may have to do with the low speed screw and needing to back it out? I say this because even with the engine warm, i needed to apply choke for it to restart which leads me to believe that there is not enough fuel at low speeds to even start the ski. Let me know thoughts / opinions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back