787 Winter Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamXP800

Well it seems I have inherited another project for the winter. I just spent a good bit of money on the engine for my 96 XP from SBT and my toy fund is alittle low. I now have a 97 SPX that was given to me. It is in pretty ROUGH shape to say the least. Motor is shot, and the hull is down right nasty! The MPEM is in working condition, trim works, pump looks to be in good shape, and all gauges somehow still work.
I am very pleased with my engine from SBT, does anyone know if they will be running any deals on engines/shipping for black friday?
I also hear alot about SES, What are yalls opinions on SES? His price is significantly lower than SBT right now

Thanks guys

I have used SES in the past with no issues. If you do a search you will see a few guys on the forum have had problems with wait/ship times. When I did mine I was sure to call him a week before it was to be finished to make sure he was on time. Then called again a few days before it was suppose to be shipped and he was only 2 days late from the date he original told me.

To date I have not heard of anyone having a problem with his no fault warranty, or issues with faulty work/parts, most times it is something the owner did wrong (oil pump, cooling, carbs leaning out etc) but he still fixes it for free.
SES is running a special on a 787 premium for $900 or $950 (I forget the exact amount) including shipping both ways.

Give SBT a call and see if they are running or plan on running any specials, maybe they can match the SES price.

SBT takes a motor off the shelf and sends it to you, so you dont get your motor back, they just use it as a core for someone else. This makes for a quick turn around time. SES rebuilds the motor you send him and thats the one you get back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems alot of people are picking up 97 spx's as projects lol, i just got one a month ago that ive started giving some TLC, im gonna start a resto thread. Good luck with yours!

got the special from ses, normal price on engine but free shipping both ways. he said a month and it's will be a month this coming friday
949.95 for a 787rfi premium rebuild

got the special from ses, normal price on engine but free shipping both ways. he said a month and it's will be a month this coming friday
949.95 for a 787rfi premium rebuild
Does he still honour the guaranteed ship date or its free policy?? Or was that only in the summer?

to my knowledge SBT has never run an engine sale. only blacktip mat's and accessories... so don't plan on any SBT discounts.

97GtxMan1687, You are just shot in the butt with good luck on these ski deals, now you will have something to keep you out of trouble for a little while.

Midway, I'm not sure if this one is luck or a headache lol. It needs alot of work! at least its all there and the electronics are functioning

Does he still honour the guaranteed ship date or its free policy?? Or was that only in the summer?

to be honest i didn't know about the guaranteed ship date.:facepalm: he didn't mention it nor did i see it on the web sight.

[MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION] Everytime I see your xp in your avatar I'm jealous!!!! Those freaking decals look amazing. I want to put new ones on mine but I'm terrified of screwing it up

[MENTION=59515]suke[/MENTION] Everytime I see your xp in your avatar I'm jealous!!!! Those freaking decals look amazing. I want to put new ones on mine but I'm terrified of screwing it up

I've never done graphics work before and I managed to tackle them, so I know you can do it! Just take your time.

to be honest i didn't know about the guaranteed ship date.:facepalm: he didn't mention it nor did i see it on the web sight.
When you click on "Premium Engine" tab, the very first line at the top of the page says NEW GUARANTEED SHIPPING DATE OR ITS FREE !!
Either way, give him a call to be sure it is on schedule, I think he works on the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" policy.

When you click on "Premium Engine" tab, the very first line at the top of the page says NEW GUARANTEED SHIPPING DATE OR ITS FREE !!
Either way, give him a call to be sure it is on schedule, I think he works on the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" policy.
wow this is the first time ive seen that!:facepalm: i wonder if its a new deal or what? do you know how long that has been on the websight?
he didnt promise me a date but just said about 4 weeks from the time he received the engine which the tracking shows he got it oct 18th. i did call him a week later and he said i got it and will be about 3 weeks
or so.

It has been on his site since last March or April. It was a direct result of a thread going on here about the long wait times and not delivering when promised.

It has been on his site since last March or April. It was a direct result of a thread going on here about the long wait times and not delivering when promised.

hmmm, it's prolly too late for me to inquire about that now. if only i would have paid attention in the first place i would have asked tom about it and woulda, shoulda coulda held him to it but i guess it's too late now.:banghead:

hmmm, it's prolly too late for me to inquire about that now. if only i would have paid attention in the first place i would have asked tom about it and woulda, shoulda coulda held him to it but i guess it's too late now.:banghead:

well being that he didnt guarantee u a date couldnt u ask for it for free?

Ok, this isn't really concerning this project but my 96 xp that I have a new SBT motor for. I'm not a fan of premix and I have a lot of faith in my oil injection. My question is, why is SBT recommending a block off system? Almost pushing it by recommending it while I was purchasing my motor as I should purchase it at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess would be that they can sell you a block off kit and don't run the risk of triggering the warranty because of the injection system not working or not being hooked up properly.

Its funny cause SES recommends the same thing. His claim is 40 to 1 will give more HP.

Sent using Tapatalk

It makes sense from the manufacturers point of view., You are giving the seadoo MORE oil at all RPM ranges, so it should last longer and stay cooler, and you're taking a possible failure out of the loop.

My guess is people don't know how to properly bleed the oil pump, and that caused many warranty claims for bad engines that the companies had to eat.

As for the more HP, I highly doubt that. Premix is slightly thicker than straight gas, so it would run LEANER, which may give the allusion of "more hp"

179.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohhh baby, christmas came early. SWEEEET. You gotta love the SBT quick turn around time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back