4 stroke vague questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

olymon

I'm just getting started on trying to help a friend make his Sea Doo perform like I know it can. This is a newer four stroke, not sure of the model :ack: It is white, red, and black. Name is ??? 150 ??? I know, not much help, wish I knew more.

First things first, what rpm should the 4 strokes be running? his only reaches 5400rpm max. The tach goes to at least 8000 rpm so I know it's got to run higher, seems way too low. Plugs are brand new so I really can't check plug color.

Looks like the throttle opens all the way. He does have some kind of tank set-up on the back that fills with water so the thing can make a bigger wake for tubing. I checked that and it was empty(added weight).

Any key places to look.

I'd appreciate any help the forum can offer

Speedster Wake

The boat your friend has is most likely a Speedster Wake. It should definately rev higher than 5400 RPM....more in the 7000 ballpark if its naturally aspirated and closer to 8000 if supercharged. More details would probably be required in order for this problem to be solved.

Edit: Is it a Seadoo boat or a PWC? I Just realized that you might be talking about a Seadoo Wake rather than the Speedster Wake. If so the 150 you would be talking about is likely 155hp, which would mean that it is naturally aspirated and should rev over7000 RPM the lmiter would kick in at 7650.

Hope this is of some assistance

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat your friend has is most likely a Speedster Wake. It should definately rev higher than 5400 RPM....more in the 7000 ballpark if its naturally aspirated and closer to 8000 if supercharged. More details would probably be required in order for this problem to be solved.

Edit: Is it a Seadoo boat or a PWC? I Just realized that you might be talking about a Seadoo Wake rather than the Speedster Wake. If so the 150 you would be talking about is likely 155hp, which would mean that it is naturally aspirated and should rev over7000 RPM the lmiter would kick in at 7650.

Hope this is of some assistance

Matt
he could be talking about the speedster 150 there red white and black.... WE do need all the right info year make model all that jazz... I would check the throttle cable it might need to be tightend up....

he could be talking about the speedster 150 there red white and black.... WE do need all the right info year make model all that jazz... I would check the throttle cable it might need to be tightend up....

It was this quote that led me to believe that he was talking about one of the wake editions:

He does have some kind of tank set-up on the back that fills with water so the thing can make a bigger wake for tubing.

The best thing for you to do would be to call up your friend and ask him what kind of boat it is.

Matt

Wake.........

I believe he is also talking about the Wake PWC........from his info. He needs to look on the back of the ski, where the HIN (Hull Identification Number) is and the last two digits are the year.......that would be a big help.

Yeah, it is a PWC and I remember the name wake in there somewhere. Now that I think of it, I think it's a 155. The polaris he has is the 150 horse turbo four stroke. He has plenty of toys, but absouletly no knowledge on them

I haven't disconnected the ducting going to the throttle body. From looking at the position, it looks like the throttle blade moves a full 90 degrees to full open. cable seems to be snug with no slack.

Do these PWC's have a TPS that could be out of adjustment?
Something that messes with the timing curve?

Again, thanks for all the input. found this pic, it looks just like this, it even has the water tank option shohn.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2008-SEA-DOO-Wake-(155-hp)-92198447

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back