2023 GTR 230

Highmaster2

Ok. I am officially disappointed.

2023 GTR 230 with 10 hours on it. Last week it would do 60 mph trimmed all the way up with half a tank of gas. 76 - 7700 rpm. High 90s temps and humidity.

I pulled it out and installed a short cold air intake. I also removed some of the (overfilled) oil to just below center between the 2 marks. Installed Iridium spark plugs.

The conditions and results were exactly the same.

My 2001 GTX will do 57 (GPS) on a good smooth day. I'm having a hard time justifying $14,000+ for 3 mph.

Any thoughts?

My brother feels your pain. My 2017 GTR 230 walks away from his 2023 GTR 230. We spent 3 days last week installing the RIVA stage 1 kit. We were hitting 7800 RPM; now we're hitting 8000. Top speed last week in the Pensacola intercoastal waterway was 64, but that was in rough water. We're going to take it out tomorrow on the river and see what we hit on smooth water. Riva says we should be able to hit 70.

Update: Turns out there are three steps to uploading the stage 1 map to the ski's ECU; I only performed 2 of the 3. Oops! After installing the stage 1 map correctly, and verifying with Riva that it was correctly installed, the engine now hits 8200 RPM, but we were still only seeing 64 MPH with a kit that advertised a 70 MPH top speed.

That afternoon, I remembered a video I saw from Calas Performance about 2022 and 2023 Sea-Doo ride plate issues. I'll attach the Riva technical bulletin here.

After reading the bulletin, I went out to check my 2017 GTR's ride plate against the 2023. Low & behold, it was exactly like the technical bulletin said. My 2017 ski ride plate looked like the top picture, and the 2023 looked like the bottom picture. Riva says this problem can cost you 5 MPH. So we pulled the ride plate off today and sent it to Riva so they can work their magic.

Here's a pic of the 2017 GTR ride plate. Notice how a gap forms just after the 6" mark and starts to increase.

2017 1.jpg

Now notice how the ride plate on the 2023 has a convex shape from the leading edge to the 6" mark, and there's no gap after the 6" mark until you get to about 3" from the end of the ride plate.

2023 1.jpg

Here's a link to Ernesto's video on ride plate issues. He doesn't reveal his secrets, but he does mention Riva's technical bulletin.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back