2020 Seadoo GTX 170 - NO POWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronniew281

2020 Seadoo GTX with 17 hours on it. It has no power to the display nor does it make a sound when i press the start button. Changed the battery and i still have nothing. The ski has never been in salt water and there is no corrosion visible. I checked all the fuses and they checked good. Any ideas where else to start.

Not sure if the 2020's have it (more than likely they do), but there should be a 30 amp main relay. Swap that out with new and see what happens.

The start circuit is pretty simple, take a look at a wiring diagram for your ski. The gauges should power on without a key. The key just tells the ECM it’s okay to start.

Did you ever figure out what caused this? Today my 2020 GTX 170 just completely cut off while idling down the canal. No electrical power, with or without the key. Check all the fuses and they are good. Next will be the relay but just looking for other ideas.

my 18 gtx 155 just died while tied to the dock while it had been starting fine the whole day. when i press the start button nothing happens no display, no beep. only thing i can hear is click from the relay in the engine bay. then i tried wiggling the two wiring harness (gray and black) next to the coolant reservoir and voila it came alive. removed both harness and cleaned it out with brush and sprayed some silicone lube and hopefully it will stay stable.

Last edited:
i realized its actually the rectifier that these harnesses are connected. so i ran another test with both harnesses unplugged and the ski still turned on. any ideas why it wouldn't turn on with both harnesses connected before but now turns on even with them unplugged?

i realized its actually the rectifier that these harnesses are connected. so i ran another test with both harnesses unplugged and the ski still turned on. any ideas why it wouldn't turn on with both harnesses connected before but now turns on even with them unplugged?

The rectifiers main job is to supply 14.4v dc to the battery to keep it charged, if the battery is in the circuit everything would act normal until the battery discharged below a certain voltage then the ECM would start throwing faults. That means all electrical power goes through the battery so whenever you are having electrical issues you have to be absolutely positive you have a good battery. That means having it tested properly under load.

After you have made sure of that the 30 amp relay is probably bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back