2020 230 GTX fuel filter or fuel pump problem?

ctaylor

I've had water in the fuel tank from letting it set too long. The fuel has been pumped out and a full tank of fresh fuel has been added with a good amount of Stabil, however it still is difficult to start and when it does it only runs around 15 to 30 seconds. I've cleaned the injectors and it was easy to start after that but still only runs 15 to 30 seconds. I've noticed that previously when opening the fuel filler cap there was a pressure release, now there is no pressure release what so ever when opening the filler cap. I'm in the process gaining access to the fuel tank to inspect the filter. Sea Doo has really made it hard to gain access to the tank. too many body parts, and that hydraulic support for the hood how does one remove that?

Stop! Don't dig into the fuel tank; if you think it is a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure with a gauge ... much easier.

I take it the ski was sitting too long, so I imagine that all the routine maintenance has also been neglected, right? If the routine maintenance has not been performed, start with completing those recommended tasks.

Don't worry about the fuel tank pressure; that's from thermal expansion if the ski sits in the sun ... just like a gas can with no vent.

Stop! Don't dig into the fuel tank; if you think it is a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure with a gauge ... much easier.

I take it the ski was sitting too long, so I imagine that all the routine maintenance has also been neglected, right? If the routine maintenance has not been performed, start with completing those recommended tasks.

Don't worry about the fuel tank pressure; that's from thermal expansion if the ski sits in the sun ... just like a gas can with no vent.
Thanks for confirmation on the fuel tank pressure release when opening the fuel filler cap. I will be changing the spark plugs and oil and water.

Back