Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcarie12

Hey guys,
I'm having an issue with my 2011 Sea Doo GTX iS Limited throwing the IBR / Check engine "Module Error..." I took it to the shop a couple weeks ago and was told is was indeed the IBR actuator and he replaced it - parts and labor $1700. Well, that didn't fix the problem... This ski has a fairly new battery (March) and is pushing 12.7 volts. When I got it back the first time it tripped the codes/alert before getting out of the no-wake zone. So, I took it back.... He claimed it probably wasn't calibrated correctly after replacing the IBR and synchronized it with the ECU, or calibrated it, then said it was now fixed. Two minutes into my test ride, the alert goes off again... Same thing... Module error... Limp mode. It does allow me to go about 33mph which is about half throttle while in limp mode.

He said he checked all the fuses and electrical items and everything looked good. I'm not doubting him as he's continuing to try to solve this issue. Aside from tightening the battery cable or pulling a fuse which I've read on here, anyone had this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I have a 2013 GTX 215 that I had to troubleshoot this same error, as I was convinced it wasn't the module and wasn't going to drop that amount of coin unless I exhausted every other option. I started by changing the IBR Actuator, that is on the handle bar, about $120 bucks. Didn't fix the issue. Being an ex electronics tech, broke out the wiring diagrams and starting tracing anything connected in that circuit. Start by checking that the connector that comes off the steering going to the main harness is tight. Reseat it if necessary. What ended up being my problem is the signal lines from the actuator running through that connector were corroded. As I continued to trace back further, the connections for that circuit in the ECU connector also had corrosion. Next, the actual signal wires/connector going into the IBR module, they had corrosion. Once I cleaned them all off, solved my issue. $120 wasted on an actuator, but cheaper than the module. By the way, if the module was changed, a BUDS tool needs to flash the module to the ECU or it won't work. What codes is it throwing when it faults out? If this Seadoo has ever been in salt water, it is worth the time to clean all the power and canbus jumpers in the fuse block, as well as checking all the fuses for any corrosion.

Wow I appreciate your response. I’m not exactly sure where I would start with all that since I haven’t ever worked on this type of thing. Are there diagrams that I can follow for this?

I actually copied your email to my mechanic... Not sure what he did, but he said he went through all connectors and changed out two harnesses. It worked great yesterday. Thank again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back