2008 RXT-X out of the box Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legoland4

Hello All, I am new to the site I like what I see so far.

Well that was enough fluff for me, lets get into it.

I just picked up my new RXT-X last Friday, had it out for about 15 minutes when I received a sensor error message on the display. Not a key problem apparently there was some issues with the VTS system and the computer not recognizing the signals from the VTS. So I took it in the dealer ship supposedly they had fixed it then on my return trip it happen again.

I called the dealership about an hour ago and they told me that the VTS motor needs to be replaced. WTF, it has less than 1 hour on it.

Anyone heard of this issue, is it a manufacture issue?

Welcome to the seadoo forum legoland4. This sounds like a isolated problem. Yours is the first that I have heard of this problem on a new seadoo. I would have the dealer replace it and go have fun. Seadoo's are the most reliable high tec units on the market today.

Karl

Welcome to the seadoo forum legoland4. This sounds like a isolated problem. Yours is the first that I have heard of this problem on a new seadoo. I would have the dealer replace it and go have fun. Seadoo's are the most reliable high tec units on the market today.

Karl

I do have a seadoo but most friends have reliable yamaha PWC ... Also, they talk a lot about the cheaper prices of spare parts compared to all other PWC ... i have never had one ... whom should i believe?

I have been the water craft industry since 1978. I got certified as a Kawasaki and Honda technician years ago...I own seadoo's now and a couple Older Kawasaki's. I have seen lots of pwc's in my time. I feel in my opinion that the seadoo has the best overall water craft in the industry. The Rotax engine and now the 4-tec engines is what the industry is trying to copy. I speak from experience and not dollar signs...Seadoo is the best.( this is just my personal opinion)

Karl

I have been the water craft industry since 1978. I got certified as a Kawasaki and Honda technician years ago...I own seadoo's now and a couple Older Kawasaki's. I have seen lots of pwc's in my time. I feel in my opinion that the seadoo has the best overall water craft in the industry. The Rotax engine and now the 4-tec engines is what the industry is trying to copy. I speak from experience and not dollar signs...Seadoo is the best.( this is just my personal opinion)

Karl

Thanks Karl .... I am very glad to hear that from an experienced technician like you ... wish my GTX Di prove your point

karl,
Thanks for the input, I just picked it up on friday and put a solid 4 hours on it with no problems. I hope the only problem now is the remaining 6 hours I have left on the break in period......

I am suprised to here you say that the newer sea-doos are "the most reliable.

I have been riding pwc's since my 1978 kawasaki 400, and have owned/ridden all the major brands.

I am a die hard sea-doo fan, but after seeing all the supercharged sea-doo's from the last year or so constantly breaking down, sitting waiting for repairs, I am going to nurse some of my old 2-strokes and look towards Yamaha if I need a new 4 stroke.

If I thought the newer sea-doo's were reliable, I would never consider switching. I will say that it is the supercharged models that seem to die after hard riding, but that is pretty much all the performance models.

welcome, I also have the RXTX, its in dealership for its first service. Only problem I had was the front storage compartment strut came off. rides great and feels awsome.

I am suprised to here you say that the newer sea-doos are "the most reliable.

I have been riding pwc's since my 1978 kawasaki 400, and have owned/ridden all the major brands.

I am a die hard sea-doo fan, but after seeing all the supercharged sea-doo's from the last year or so constantly breaking down, sitting waiting for repairs, I am going to nurse some of my old 2-strokes and look towards Yamaha if I need a new 4 stroke.

If I thought the newer sea-doo's were reliable, I would never consider switching. I will say that it is the supercharged models that seem to die after hard riding, but that is pretty much all the performance models.

Kawasaki came out with a 400 in 1976..I owned 2 of them. I also owned 2) 440's that came out in 1978...I still have 1 in storage I used for racing. I have found that the Super Charged need extra maintenance over the natural aspirated 4-tec. I believe with all my years of water craft experience, the seadoo is still the best....each to their own. I don't drive a Ford either....I own 5 Dodges.
:)
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back