2008 GTI Just a bit more exhaust than before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lydia

We just purchased this new watercraft and took great care to break it in during the first 10 hours per instructions from manual. We now have 12 hours registered on the craft, are half-way through our vacation and just now think I am seeing a bit more exhaust coming out than I saw before.

At first it seemed like there was a light wisp of smoke when it was idling, and occassionally a wisp at lower speeds. Now during idle there seems to be more frequent light wisps of smoke and at lower speeds I see light wisps of smoke every few seconds.

Am I being overly worried? Maybe this is more common, the more it is used. I would bring it in for a check at the dealer but they are currently 5 hours away. Oil level is fine. Coolant level is fine. The engine sounds the same and smells the same when I open the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will get the 10 hr check, but right now we have 3 more days of vacation. Should I be worried? Should I use it? I may just be overly cautious. I just do not know what is normal.

As far as i know after the first 10hr you need to change the spark plugs cause they foul up. You could try and clean the plugs with a wire brush and check the gap's cause i bet thats what your problem is. also check your oil everyday befor u use it(you should always do that though) and check you coolant level... if there both good then you should have no problems.....

this GTI is a two stroke? make sure the oil level is constantly dropping. although if you are seeing more smoke than before, it most likely is. if the oil level is changing consistant with what you have seen since new, you are probably fine. if using a little bit more oil...your engine is probably happier. it gets angry when it doesn't get enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back