2008 130 GTi upgrading advice.

Dovey21

Hi.

New to the Forum.

In April I bought a 2008 130 GTi. It had only 11 hours on it! It’s now done 22 hours. It is a superb ski, immaculate and runs extremely well. The 2008 gti did not come with a speed sensor nor engine temperature. I’d like to add one and would like advice on how to do so please.🙏

I’ve been looking at Candoo GPS sensors but I think anything I add will need to be coded/activated. Is this the case? The 130 gti SE came with it all fitted and working but not the 130 GTi base model.

I had a P0544 code too if anyone can help. Seems to be exhaust temperature issue.

I’m in the UK so parts and a obd/coding machine I can use and buy from uk would be best. 👍

Many thanks.

It can be done but you will need to add the wiring along with the paddle wheel assembly and then program these features using BUDS or similar software to your ECU. It's not engine temperature, it's lake water temperature which is read through the paddle wheel assembly along with the speed. There is no reading for engine temp that can be read on the cluster for that model.

While it's possible your ski only has 11 hours but probably more likely your cluster was replaced 11 hours ago. Once you hook up BUDS you can read the hours of the ECU. That style cluster keeps its own reading for hours.

It can be done but you will need to add the wiring along with the paddle wheel assembly and then program these features using BUDS or similar software to your ECU. It's not engine temperature, it's lake water temperature which is read through the paddle wheel assembly along with the speed. There is no reading for engine temp that can be read on the cluster for that model.

While it's possible your ski only has 11 hours but probably more likely your cluster was replaced 11 hours ago. Once you hook up BUDS you can read the hours of the ECU. That style cluster keeps its own reading for hours.

That’s great info! Thank you.

I’ve ordered the Candoo reader/programmer so it’ll be nice to get into the system and see exactly what the score is. I must say that my Ski is absolutely spotless. The story is that it was bought for a daughter who didn’t use it and it stayed in the garage. We’ll see.

Back