2006 GTX speedometer cluster dead, would this work?

matt1t

Hey all,

Quick question and if anyone knows if this will work. My original speedometer cluster is dead. I can see the RPMs, but barely as its completely faded out. As you can guess, I bought a cheap cluster off of eBay and connected it up, the cluster works but the ski wont start due to it not being 'married' or flashed. I'm having a hard time finding a place in my area that has the system that can do it on the older ski. My thought was to make a harness to keep the old speedometer in line. The old speedometer would be tucked back behind the new speedometer. So it would be new speedometer installed with the old speedometer still active and inline so the ECM would still see it. Would that work?

I would be very surprised if it worked. It requires 2 way communication between the cluster and ECU so both on the same circuit in parallel doesn't seem like it would work.

Dang. I was hopeful. I had a leak in the reverse cable seal which caused the ski to fill up with water. I got it back running, however about every 15 min I get a 2 second beep which from what I read is a fault code. Unfortunately I can't read it

Back