2002 utopia m2 dog getting out of the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think I may have found the culprit. No spark to the top cylinder on the passenger side. Used a tester between the coil and plug. Assuming now it is a bad coil. Anyone know the best place to order a new coil for a 200 hp M2 EFI?

Well I think I may have found the culprit. No spark to the top cylinder on the passenger side. Used a tester between the coil and plug. Assuming now it is a bad coil. Anyone know the best place to order a new coil for a 200 hp M2 EFI?
An easy way to check the coil is to swap it over with one of the others. If it is the coil the non sparking will follow you to the in question coil. If the non sparking stays with the same cylinder then start working backwards from the wiring to the coil plug.

Ukglenn you bet I will be doing that this morning to double check before I order. Hoping that this is indeed the issue that is an easy fix. Had it out on the water again and could only get 37 mph on the gps and was only revving 3800 rpm. I was pretty confident I had at least 1 dead cylinder. And it would take a good 6-8 seconds to get on plane. That was with 2 adults and 2 small kids.

............... was only revving 3800 rpm. I was pretty confident I had at least 1 dead cylinder................

That sounds like more than one dead cyl. You should double check on that. If you have multiple dead cyl's... then the problem is most likely somewhere else.

Went out this morning to swap a known to work coil over and as I was getting ready to unbolt the dead coil noticed that a hose was pushing pretty hard on the connected. Sure enough the connected was almost completely out. Plugged it it and retested and we have spark again. So going to do a lake test next chance I get now. Probably be about a week but I will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back