2002 gtx rfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1467

I have the above ski. I can only get 42 mph at 5800 to 5900 rpms. have checked all electrical and all checked out good. any ideas?

Have you read your plugs? What do they say?

If it is limiting you to a specific RPM then your rev limiter may be the problem.

Are you getting enough fuel to the engine? A clogged fuel filter or gummed carb could also do that, but it would also affect accelleration.

Does you ski accellerate properly then suddenly cut off at ~5800?

-offtopic- Kevin I see your from here. Where do you ride at?

plugs look a little oily and darkish brown. The oil injector was off adjustment a little so fixed that and put new plugs in. The ski acclerates ok, idles a little rough though. 42 mph with 5800 to 5900 is all i can get out of it. I am in port richey.

Do you happen to know a Tom Quinn?

Per shop manual for not reaching max rpm:

Possible Cause:
RAVE valve does not open
Faulty water regulator valve
DI Modles: DI system is in limp home mode. "MAINT" is displayed on Information Center.
Low Fuel pressure
Jet pump related problem
Exhaust system Blockage

It could be the wear ring, and that should feel like cavitation preventing full power. If it is wear ring, you can either get a manual and replace yourself or you can take it to the shop.

I have the above ski. I can only get 42 mph at 5800 to 5900 rpms. have checked all electrical and all checked out good. any ideas?

got exactly the same problem,check the cone at back end of jet pump opened mine up and found metal shavings i'm told this isnt good and parts inside cone will need replaced.

Inspect and clean your RAVE valves. They can become very dirty if you have been using too much oil or the incorrect injector oil. Also, make sure the O-Rings are not hard and brittle. You also need to check your water regulator on the water box. Check for any leaks or melted diaphragm. This is not rebuildable, just replace. It regulates exhaust temperature and can cause the problem you are having. If you think your pump is binding up, take the spark plugs out and turn the PTO over by hand. If it is hard to turn, you need to take the pump off the ski and turn the PTO again. If it is easy this time, your pump needs rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back