2001 vs 2004 951 di piston

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardo76

Hello fellow seadoo'ers, Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the pistons from a 2001 951 di vs a 2004 951 le di. The BR microfiche displays a different part number, but its common for brp to do that with the same part but different year. Does anyone have a both pistons to physically compare?

This would save me 500 plus dollars if they are the same :)

Thanks!

I did a google search part no. 29088410 which is the piston for a 2001 DI is superseded by part no. 420888418 which is the part no. for a 2004 DI, so yes they are interchangeable, whether they are exactly the same IDK.

Lou

OK so I got all my parts today (ordered new rings and top end gasket kit) Well my buddies at the BRP dealer only ordered me 2 rings and these pistons have 4 rings. So my question is, the existing rings I that are on the piston are in perfect condition, but where used in my last cylinder for about 15 hours. Are they re-usable? and would putting the new rings on the top and using the existing on the bottom of the piston? The cylinder is new.
I was planning on getting it rebuilt this weekend and no BRP dealer ever has those rings in stock.

Thanks!

Paul B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back