2001 Seadoo XP gasline replacement and question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

josie05

Just got this PWC and knew I needed to invest a little time and work to get it going. First of all I knew the Tempo lines were trashed, so I took it to my small engine mechanic to replace them. He said these were ethanol rated and were better than the new ones I would get from AutoZone. He cleaned the carbs and fuel filters and it runs like great.
We I got it home I checked here and realized I needed to rethink his assessment. I checked a couple of the easy to access fuel lines and they were green and corroded inside. I could do this, I thought.
I bought the AutoZone rubber fuel lines (non fuel injector style) and got to work. It took almost all day because I did one at a time and also pumped the old fuel out of the tank. Everything was going great until I got to the Carb. I got on this site and youtube to realize the exhaust manifold did not have to come off.

The carb was a pain to get off with my 6mm allen to 1/4" socket to extension. And Lord help us when we drop the stainless steel screw.
Anyhow I did get all the lines replaced except the last line that had so much corrosion it made the copper connection on the "pump cover" break.

I am trying to order a new cover online at the tune of about $100 bucks, but I'm not too sure I have the right one.
The diagram on the carb system is not apparent.
They show Mag/PTO but I don't know what this is referring to.
The part I think I need is 270500405, but I also see another part 270500409 that looks right too.
You can see pictures of these at parkeryamaha.com

Should I call the dealer to visually verify?

Hi & Welcome.
Try the parts link at top of this page and see what you get for a diagram.

Somebody else will chime in with more accurate info for you on this carb part. Just wait a bit.

I'll give you a write up Monday. Too much to type from my ipad. And next time you want to this, ask us first! I could have saved you hours.

270500405 is for the PTO (rear) carb
270500409 is for the MAG (front) carb

However this is a seadoo part number and it ultimately comes from Mikuni, so you will pay a premium price for the seadoo part.

I found the Mikuni parts catalog for that carb and the Mikuni part number you are looking for is a BN46I/35. However after a quick google and ebay check, nothing is showing for that part number.

Only one place listed it by the seadoo part number- $93 for the PTO and $86 for the MAG.

I guess you may have to pay up for this one......

Well I called the local SeaDoo dealer who was able to help identify that the Mag is the carb in the front closest to the magneto, and PTO is the rear Carb which is closest to the PTO.
The diagrams were not too intuitive and seadoowarehouse webpage refers me to the forum for technical questions. Anyhow, with their help I was able to get the part ( and it was cheaper than most anything online ) at $80.
Got this running last night which is a really good feeling, but it was a challenge.
I would expect that most non seadoo PWC mechanics would not do a better job from my experience with small engine repairs.

I was able to remove the carb bolts and work the fuel lines without removing the throttle linkage and such.
I was too concerned about getting everything back in place, so I just swapped the gas lines and placed everything back.

I feel alot better about getting tearing this down now, so I will look at the carbs later if need be.
I have new allen wrenches and am ready for this next time.
Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back