2001 LRV overheating ..... 947 carb motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stauter

unit overheats on hose or in the water. We pulled the inlet hose at the elbow going into the head and its clear back to the water pickup. We tried cleaning out the elbow without removing it but can't seem to pass anything thru it.

Next we hooked up the flush attachment, started the unit, turned on the water, any only tiny drops were coming out of the elbow while we still had the hose off. we did have good water pressure flowing from the flush attachment while running.

any trick to cleaning out the elbow or other possible blockage I should be looking for? should I be able to easily slide one of the red plastic straws off of WD40 can into and out of the elbow?

BTW... can't remove the elbow without removing a motor mount or pulling the head because of its position in relation to the mount.

Thanks
Craig

Overheat

Hi STAUTER,
the part that's keeping you from removing the elbow going into the cylinder is not a motor mount. It's a bracket going to the exhaust system. It's not easy to remove but it can be done. Be patient and make sure to use the correct size allen wrench or you'll strip the bolts.
There is another method you can try. The temp sensor in the top of the head uses the same water passage as the elbow fitting. I have removed the temp sensor and managed to clear the water passage before using a guitar string,air pressure and a couple of beers. If all of this fails you will have to remove the cylinder head.
Thanks, DAWG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back