1999 Seadoo gsx limited after market flame arrestors and rejet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_kramer

I recently purchased and did a top end rebuild on my Sea-Doo gsx limited with the 951 silver engine and I am looking for a flame arrestor that will work with my choke plates and accelerator pump. Everything on the ski is pretty much stock besides the pro x pistons 1mm over. Rejet would be needed I am assuming.

I will be looking into future upgrades: impeller, head, water intake grate, and debating a 1997.5 white pipe(don’t want to lose reliability or reduce the engine life). Input appreciated.

There really isn't any performance to gain from changing the stock airbox. And since the carbs a e so low on the 951 you really risk ingesting water which will kill a 951. Removing the chokes and rejetting can still be done with the stock airbox as it isn't restrictive.

The stock flame arrestor is in pretty bad shape and doesn’t get a good seal on the carbs because of the previous owner that’s one reason for wanting new flame arrestor. Should I just get a new stock one? Why do I see so many people putting new flame arrestors on if they don’t add any performance?

I would get a new used stock one if it was me.
Why do so many people put loud exhaust on cars that don't add any performance?

Seriously though unless you are racing trying to scrape together every last oz. of performance you are better off with the stock aribox on a recreational 951.

There is nothing wrong with a used one as there is nothing inside them to go bad. And they have been discontinued from Seadoo.
If you get one from a later model it will have the port on it that makes fogging really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back