1999 GTX LTD | Throttle Housing Set Screw

BigEd5033

Hey all!

New member and just purchased my first PWC ever, 1999 GTX LTD. Depsite several friends and family members threatening to disown me for wanting my first ski to be a 2-stroke, I did it anyway :cool:. It has a new engine and has been switched to premix. I've been having a blast with it.

One fix I need to do is figure out how to put in the set screw and nut on the throttle housing. I recently noticed it was loose, especially when on rough water. I just purchased a pre-owned housing with the screw already inserted on eBay.

Two questions:

1.) How difficult is it to swap them out?
2.) How difficult is it to disconnect the throttle cable from the thumb throttle? Or does this even need to be done?

Thanks for having me on your forum and thanks in advance for the assistance.

Pull off the grips. If they are OEM there is a 10mm bolt under the endcap. Slide the throttle housing away from the bar pad and you will see where the nut and set screw is located. Pretty easy.

Pull off the grips. If they are OEM there is a 10mm bolt under the endcap. Slide the throttle housing away from the bar pad and you will see where the nut and set screw is located. Pretty easy.
Thanks very much for the reply and assistance!

Last edited:
Back