1998 GTX

back box which holds the starter solenoid Previous owner gutted some of the wiring. Looking for a wiring diagram or something to tell me what wire goes where. No beep no start. Dees key and post check good. Start button checks good

If the 951 is wired the same as the 787 you need to attach the ground wire coming from the top of the rear electrical box to the battery. They ski won't do anything unless that wire is connected to ground. You can download repair manuals on this site.

Thanks. I didn’t see one. I have the one small hot going to the solenoid with the hot side of battery cable Other solenoid post going to the starter. There are 3 small wires coming off the coil pack. Are those supposed to be going back to the top mount of the coil pack ? I figured it was a ground somewhere. Only 1 negative cable connected to battery right now

Will look for a ground then off box to connect to battery post Funny it’s a plastic box. So hopefully I can get it to ground somewhere. I will check to see if I can find the diagram. New to this site

I have the same ski, here are two pics, hope it helps. if you need help with any particular wire just let me know, I should be able to track it down.

Attachments

• rear electric box.jpg
    rear electric box.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 16
  • coil wiring.jpg
    coil wiring.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Grim. That helps. I do have 3 wires coming off the solenoid. But the box is plastic. Am I missing anything here? How will it ground ? I am thinking it’s a ground somewhere since everything checks out good. No beeps. No start. Battery 12.7. Get power to solenoid. Bout to hook it all back up with an oem solenoid.

it grounds through the wiring, I believe. Also, there are two grounds that I know of, one at the starter and one at the front of the motor on the left side, if you are sitting on ski. Check both, I would take them off clean and reinstall. Have you checked power at the solenoid when key in installed, when you press the start button and have you tried jumping the solenoid with pliers?

Not yet. Just tested all components up front. Dees key, dees post and starter switch. All pass continuity test Gonna mess with it end of week. Thank you. A huge help. I may ask for assistance later after I hook all this up and check the grounds

Check the six pin Deutsch plug on the side of the rear electrical box.
This is where the coil retaining bolt gets its ground.
Black wire in plug probably goes to mag cover ground Grim referred to.

May be right. On top of the coil mount it’s just two bolts to secure it to the box Under one of those screws is where the 3 black wires from coil go? According to the picture. Was concerning because I can’t get any ground from a plastic box.

Yes, make sure you spread them out like what I did. I had a cranking issue because they were all bunched up. Took me min to figure that out. Make sure they are clean too. Don't worry about the box, it all works.

Ok. Working on it now. Here is my issue at the moment. One black wire coming out of plug that goes into starter solenoid. One black wire wire coming out of 9 pin plug in One short black wire coming out of the coil That’s three black wires with terminals on the end. Do they all go together under one of the coil installation bolts? One hot from battery to solenoid with red wire from 15 amp fuse and other hot from solenoid to starter. These three blacks wires I believe is my issue. Maybe not.

I have the same ski, here are two pics, hope it helps. if you need help with any particular wire just let me know, I should be able to track it down.

Great Pictures !!! I hope people appreciate when we go outside and take pictures to answer questions especially when it requires us to open up the skis.

I agree. they have been a huge help especially after what I have been thru helping this guy.
My response was not meant for your alone but for all of us on the forum. A lot of people help on this forum and I hope people appreciate the efforts. It's not just being a nice guy, we care. One can tell by the lack of arguing, fighting and derogatory comments. Very peaceful helpful group!!

Well hell. Hooked up those 3 black wires to coil. Got 12.8 all the way through the 15 amp fuse connector plug. No beep No start. Solenoid acts like it not getting clicked over with 12 volts to start starter. Can jump it and it turns over. Is it ground? Is it the mpem ? Why am I not getting any beeps or gauge power. Hit start switch 5 times with Dees key off. Nothing. Bout to give up.

Can you take a picture of what your rear electrical box looks like. Do you have the red wire on the right post on your solenoid? Have you replaced the coil or the solenoid before, was it with OEM ?

The two yellow wires are running from a kill switch. One connected to battery hot on solenoid going to kill switch then back to 15 amp plug. That black battery wire is the hot going to battery pos. They added it but didn’t buy a red one Other side of solenoid is going to starter No fuses blown. It’s gotta be me missing something.

Attachments

• IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
The two yellow wires are running from a kill switch. One connected to battery hot on solenoid going to kill switch then back to 15 amp plug. That black battery wire is the hot. They added it but didn’t buy a red one

Attachments

• IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
I know this is tedious but hang in there. Can you label the pic with where each wires is going. I cant see some because they are same color or hidden in pic. I can take that and verify against my wring. also why the kill switch, it might be interfering with the wiring, can you take it out and see how it goes. If not, show us where it attaches.

Back