1998 GTX limited Carb adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I fully rebuilt my 1998 GTX limited carbs with OEM OSD kit. Checked pop off, everything is perfect. Im trying to adjust the high and low speed screws on both carbs.I noticed the manual and https://www.seadoosource.com/carbreference.html have different numbers, Which one should i be using ? For example the low speed in the manual is stated to be 2 turns but on seadoosource it says 1-1/4 ... kind of confused a bit

i used to know these by heart. High is closed. I'm 80% sure low is 1.5 turns out. Look for the 99 GTX. the 98 was an odd year.

i just checked your link. I am correct. it's 1.5 out on low and 0 on high.

i used to know these by heart. High is closed. I'm 80% sure low is 1.5 turns out. Look for the 99 GTX. the 98 was an odd year.

i just checked your link. I am correct. it's 1.5 out on low and 0 on high.

Sorry just to clarify I should use the 99 numbers instead of the 98 ? Isn’t the jetting different between the 2 of them ?

the 98 was the first (full) year of the 951. it had some unusual things, but yes, I'd set it to the 1.5 out. I've built many 951s and this worked 95% of the time for me. you can also just adjust this on the ski with a long screwdriver if needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back