1997 Challenger 1800 needs some work on the motors, Make me an offer! Sale or Trade!

randy_oneal1

For Sale or Trade! Motors need work but I don’t have the time or mechanical skills to fix it, nor do I have the money to pay someone $70 per hour to fix it. This would be a great opportunity for someone with mechanical skills.
1997 Challenger 1800 18ft w/ twin 110hp 787 rotax motors – I purchased this boat about a month ago it was advertised as “turn key and go” but that was not the case. I have put it in the water 2 times and each both motors have taken a really long time (30-45 min.) to start and the it would run good and when I would turn it off it would take even longer to start. After restarting it the first time it began to cut out on the way back to the marina, after restarting the second time it began to cut out the same way and then it wouldn’t go over 4000 rpms. The previous owner supposedly had the carburetors cleaned and fuel tank cleaned but I shined a light down in the tank and it looked like dirt was in the gas tank. After reading on the forum I had a guy that has some mechanical knowledge do a compression test, he said it showed 145 in all cylinders but I don’t know how accurate his test was. Also after reading the forum I thought the RAVE valve may need to be cleaned but I couldn’t figure out how to get them out, I gave up and the red covers are still off. The only other problems I know of are that the gas gauge doesn’t work (seems like a common problem) and it was missing the front navigation light when I got it, I bought a new one but couldn’t find the wire so it needs to be hooked up and the back navigation light doesn’t work (it may just need a bulb).

The seats have all been professionally recovered recently. It has a radio with cd player (I have never tried to play cd’s in it, so I don’t know if cd player works) and the speakers sound good. The hull looks good it has some oxidation but would look like new with a good detail job. It comes with the original trailer which is in good shape and has minimal rust for its age. I just put brand new tires on the trailer 2 weeks ago.

I would love this boat if it were actually “turn key and go” but it is just dirving me crazy and wasting away my summer. If someone has any mechanical skills this boat could be a lot of fun. I just want about that I can get out on the water with ASAP, without having any work done even if I have to settle for a boat that’s smaller, older, not as nice or not as fun, I just want to get out on the water.

I’m asking $4,300 but make me an offer!

The low book value is $3,500 without a trailer, average book value is $4,030 without trailer. The trailer between $425- $475. (see NADA Link below)

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-24-38-5697-0-0-0&l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5698&m=1409&d=1600153946&y=1997&ml=S&gc=MR&gtc=MR#Low%20Retail

If interested send me an email at roneal10@my.asl.edu or call at (859) 200-1221.

Thanks,

Randy

Attachments

• boat pics and the 4th 010.JPG
    boat pics and the 4th 010.JPG
    713.7 KB · Views: 79
  • boat pics and the 4th 012.JPG
    boat pics and the 4th 012.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 66
  • boat pics and the 4th 013.JPG
    boat pics and the 4th 013.JPG
    717 KB · Views: 68
  • boat pics and the 4th 011.JPG
    boat pics and the 4th 011.JPG
    565.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00711.jpg
    DSC00711.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:
boat for sale

Boat looks pretty good, since both engines need work, I can pay you @1800 cash for boat and trailer, please understand that if they need to be rebuild, you are looking to 2200. to get to good rebuilt w/1 year warranty. sorry!
Let me know if you are interested, I have the cash and I live in ft.myers, fl.
I can go and pick it up.

Back