1996 xp help PLEASE

96xp2smoke

Hello, I’m new to 2 strokes and I recently bought a newly rebuilt 1996 xp and it’s step up for pre mix. “I wish they left the original oil system in” The oil tank was cracked so I removed it and ran new lines and installed a brass barb T-Fitting to loop the rave valve oil lines together and venting it to the gas tank vent hose.

After doing so the lines are bleeding off a lot of air bubbles and dropping the oil level in the lines. How do i get all the air out?!?!?

Please see the attached photos for the setup.

PLEASE help!

Attachments

• IMG_7417.jpeg
    IMG_7417.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7418.jpeg
    IMG_7418.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 11
The line with the air bubbles is the loop you set up for the rotary valve oil correct? I wouldn’t worry about air bubbles in that line

The is in the 12mm line. I fill the lines then let it idles and all the air bubbles start coming out and oil level drops drastically. Is there a way to bleed the line off or do you by any chance how much oil it takes to fill the cavities?

The is in the 12mm line. I fill the lines then let it idles and all the air bubbles start coming out and oil level drops drastically. Is there a way to bleed the line off or do you by any chance how much oil it takes to fill the cavities?
The 12mm line is for the cavity, it shouldn’t draw oil in once running. The cavity should be full before starting it and shouldn’t really go down once it’s started. Your loop looks like it’s lying relatively horizontal, try running the loop more vertically and maybe set up its own vent instead of being tied into the fuel tank vent. When you shut it off does the oil return to the same level as before you started it?

I’m thinking those inner seals or seal on the rotary shaft is leaking. Whatever you do, obviously keep oil to it

You can test the inner seals by pressure testing. Just block the vent fitting and put 6 pounds of air in the supply fitting and see if it holds pressure for 5 or 6 minutes. The lost oil would be getting burnt up

Good morning. I topped off oil line and Rode ski this morning for 5min and it’s consumed and drained oil loop more than half way.

Ok, I just filled the oil lines and I ran it on the hose for 2/3min. Every time I gave it gas or or let it idle it was pushing oil through the vent line.

Ok, I just filled the oil lines and I ran it on the hose for 2/3min. Every time I gave it gas or or let it idle it was pushing oil through the vent line.
Ok, I would configure your loop more vertically, it looks horizontal in t he picture. Have your vent at the top of the loop away from the oil

Do not connect that line to any part of the fuel tank.

The rotary cavity only holds about a pint of oil and it does not circulate.

If you have consumed that much oil only into the rotary cavity you have a major crank seal or rotary shaft seal failure and the ski should be smoking like crazy when running.

As mentioned, the inner crank seals are probably worn quite bad and leaking the oil into the crankcases where it gets drawn into the cylinders and burned off. Leaky seals also allow crankcase pressurized air to get past the seals into your loop oil system. This motor was probably filling up with oil while sitting before you bought it and the only fix is to either repair the leaking seals or go back to an oil bucket with enough oil volume in it to last for a weekend. Installing a quarter turn ball valve in the feed line and turning it off after use will prevent the motor from filling up while sitting. Keep using premix and the oil tank will be devoted to the RV gears.

Hello, I’m new to 2 strokes and I recently bought a newly rebuilt 1996 xp and it’s step up for pre mix. “I wish they left the original oil system in” The oil tank was cracked so I removed it and ran new lines and installed a brass barb T-Fitting to loop the rave valve oil lines together and venting it to the gas tank vent hose.

After doing so the lines are bleeding off a lot of air bubbles and dropping the oil level in the lines. How do i get all the air out?!?!?

Please see the attached photos for the setup.

PLEASE help!
It will sort it self out eventually, I personally wouldn’t be worried

Back