1996 seadoo xp trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeypro16

I was riding my seadoo 96 xp on lake Huron and the waves were about 3-5ft. The jetski was working perfectly fine until I was going about 40mph and hit a 3ft wave. After I landed, it shut off like the lanyard was pulled out. Now I charged the battery to full, I put the key back on the dess post and it does nothing. It won't beep and when I click start with the key on and without the dash board with the vts and gas level does not light up or anything. I did some research and I think it could be a blown fuse maybe 5amp but im not sure. Whats the best way to take out the boxes to look to see if a fuse it blown. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Double check your grey plug going into the front of the motor, and also the small black ground wire going to negative on the battery.

I hit a wake and it shifted the battery and broke the wire.

Pull your grey electronic box up front and the fuse is on the MPEM.

Whats the best way to take apart the white box(mpem at the front) and fyi the small black ground cable on the battery has no plastic covering it, the wire is raw. Also the battery terminals that you put the cables on where all corroded. So what should I do first?

Check neg battery connection at starter. 13mm bolt. Can be submerged while riding depending on how much water your ski regularly takes on. Same exact thing happened to me, hit a huge wave, landed and nada electrically. Just like the key was yanked. Pulled seat and check cable connections at battery then got a long tow back to dock. Pulled on negative cable and it came right up. not connected to anything. Lug broke where it bolts to starter.

Rob

Update: pulled the white box in the front of the seadoo and found that the 5 amp fuse was blown, it started right up and ran perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back