1993 SP question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would set the low screw to ~1 full turn but, it can differ between engines so you will probably need to adjust that later.
Seems no matter where I set my low speed screw it just won’t stay running for a second or two. Just makes no sense. I had it running for a few min on the trailer in the water really good last week even gave it 30% throttle and was responsive and no boys or anything. Pulled it out of the lake to unstrap for a put around and ever since it won’t run for more than 1 or 2 seconds without heavily feathering the choke. Only think I can think of is pop off not letting the needle fully open. Rebuilt with a buddy who has lots of small engine experience and we didn’t test pop off however used all OEM parts in rebuild and reused the existing spring.

I should also say that every time I choke the motor and crank it for 2 or 3 seconds it will start every time and run for a second or two. So fuel seems to be there

Update!
I got the machine running good! Went out on the water and drives perfect! Besides one issue. After 10 min of full speed driving having fun went to dock it backed in the trailer for back on to restart and it was struggling. Noticed a ton of extra weight and realized hull was half full of water. Not enough to fill the motor but what would cause this? Drain plug was in and tight. Had to jump off and swim it in to not flip or sink it. Not fun

There could be multiple things, most likely it is a tube from the exhaust leaking. There is one sneaky tube that is at the bottom of the exhaust that I have had off. It's hard to see it leak water, but it leaks a quite a bit of it.

Most common are driveshaft seal and the welded plugs on the exhaust.
On the trailer you can fill the hull with water up to the driveshaft safely and then look for leaks. The other way is to put it in the water with the seat off and check for leaks.

Most common are driveshaft seal and the welded plugs on the exhaust.
On the trailer you can fill the hull with water up to the driveshaft safely and then look for leaks. The other way is to put it in the water with the seat off and check for leaks.
Filled it in the trailer like you said and found a small but consistent stream coming from the driveshaft seal. How much is this fix and how intensive? Easy as remove jet pump and put in new seals? Or need special alignment tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back