04 GTX LTD SC Intermitten Oil light

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeNo

Quick qustion, I get this light and the ski goes into limp home mode. I then can shut it off and restart it and it runs great. I understand that some of these earlier 4-tec engines had a problem with the oil pressure sensor. Can anyone tell me if I can swap this out myself or do I need to bring it in to a dealer, does it need to have the codes cleared. Thanks for your help in advance.
Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, sometimes the code need to be cleared by the dealer. When you get the part ordered ask the dealer if it clears the code itself or not.

Karl

Thanks Karl
I just spoke to the dealer, they said it needs to come in to get the codes cleared. I saw a thread from Dennis/DAWG a couple months back that said he changed these out on his ski himself. Has anyone else preformed this without taking it to the dealer. They are all backlogged for at least 2 weeks and I want to ride!!!
Again, thanks for you help.

You could change out the part yourself. If it is throwing multiple codes the first trouble code must be repaired before you see the next one in line to be resolved. That might be the only problem, if you have multiple codes. Also itf it goes into "Limp Mode" it will have to be cleared as well to run properly.

Karl

Again thanks, I hate bringing them to the dealer, I never know what to expect when I get my bill. Have a good weekend. I'm going put on a little Buffett and crack open a cold one!!

I know the feeling about dealers...ask up front what the cost is gonna be. Tell them that you need to know what to expect dollar wise for any repairs.
:cheers:
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back