03 Sportster

Status
Not open for further replies.

esilvin

Hello All,

I have just bought a used 03 Sportster and have a few small issues with it which I really could use your help on:

- The CD player does not work and will therefore be changing it. Can I put any CD player (I am assuming but would love confirmation)

- The speedometer does not seem to work. Can someone help me figure this out.

- The "gear" lever is very stiff, can you help me lub this or see what is wrong?

Thank yo so much from a first time owner.

With the gear lever try putting some wd40 down there. As for the CD player with the right mounting bracket any will work fine.

For the speedo, grab a shop manual and start testing connections with a multimeter.

Using grease on the cables for your shifter should make them loosen up, but if it doesn't this may be a sign of other things failing.

Good luck and enjoy your craft, if you have any other questions just post them up!

Fuses

Lift up the cover to the front storage compartment and pull out the plastic insert that has your tool bag and fire extingusher in it. Below, you'll see the where your wiring haness comes together in to a central module that has fuses. Look to see that none of them are blown. They have rubber boots over them to protect them from water, so be careful when you pull them off. If they haven't been opened before, you'll also find spare fuses in this box........I hope this helps!

Thank you all for the information.

I have just purchased a new cd player from a boat shop to make sure that it will not get messed up. I noticed that the wiring harness was different and therefore went to Circuit City where someone modified the harness in order to fit the Seadoo harness. The CD player turns on but unfortunately there is no sound….. Is there anyone who can help me figure out if the harness is bad or the speakers?

Thanks

Go back to circuit city and have them figure it out!!

Aside from that, if you have a way to test the speakers (a normal speaker out from a laptop would work if you splice the wire into the speakers directly) then you can rule that out. My guess is that the harness was modified incorrectly.

Have just joined but this may help others.
We use a double AA battery 1.5v with seperate wire attached to each end to test speakers.
Touch the speaker wires to each end of the AA battery and you will hear a small pop sound confirming connection.
Also to work out the positive and negative wire, when you connect + to + and - to - speaker will push forward.
If you have + to - and - to + the speaker cone will pull backward.
Hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back