Where to find Blank Ignition Key??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasguild

I have been running my boat with just one ignition key which makes me a bit uncomfortable. This weekend I went around trying to find a spare but struck out.

I tried Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, Barneys Sea Doo Dealer. None had blanks that would work

I have a Merc 240 EFI - Utopia

Any ideas??

Sincerely

A SEADOO dealer didn't have one?????, I would try another one or 2 or 3...or Ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
SDB: Seadoo dealers treat Merc boats like the bastard step child. They haven't touched any of the Merc related parts in 6~8 years. Generally... it's best to talk to a regular boat shop that deals with Merc. (just an FYI)

Jasguid: You are in luck. AND... you don't need a "Blank" key for your boat. Mercury doesn't have that many keys... and you can just get one that is already cut.

Here's the deal...

Look at your key. It should have some numbers on it. It should be very simple like "2D". (but it could be a 4 digit) Anyway... take that number and just do an ebay search for either "Quicksilver" or "Mercury" and that number... and I'm sure you will find it for about $5. (assuming you like ebay)

If you don't like ebay, you can get it from a place like iboats.com... or you can simply go to your local boat shop that deals with Mercury.

I was a little skeptical on the above info myself... but I picked up an extra key last summer for about $3. It was already cut, and in a Quicksilver bag.

SDB: Seadoo dealers treat Merc boats like the bastard step child. They haven't touched any of the Merc related parts in 6~8 years. Generally... it's best to talk to a regular boat shop that deals with Merc. (just an FYI)

Jasguid: You are in luck. AND... you don't need a "Blank" key for your boat. Mercury doesn't have that many keys... and you can just get one that is already cut.

Well I'll be darn. Here I was driving all over the place.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Actually these keys are real common I have a 2C, it fits the pontoon, the houseboat door and ignition, and my dock neighbors boat. I guess in a way that's good but the bad thing is if someone wanted to steal a boat it wouldn't be hard to do.

I don't think they are even specific to a certain manufacturer.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back