SES "seadoo engine shop" gripe

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have any experience with them but
I was told Utah Crankshaft and Shortblock does good work. They specialize is snow machines but do Sea Doo’s and Atv’s as well.
I’m going to try them out for my next build.

I don’t have any experience with them but
I was told Utah Crankshaft and Shortblock does good work. They specialize is snow machines but do Sea Doo’s and Atv’s as well.
I’m going to try them out for my next build.
They do good work, and despite being geared towards snow machines, they are familiar with the Seadoo 2-stroke motors. I haven't used them personally, but I know someone who after having an issue with an SBT crank, got a used OEM crank and had them rebuild it. I am actually somewhat surprised their name came up on this forum as the only way I had heard of them is due to the fact that they are local to me.

Peter at Fox Valley Powersports does great work and his turnaround time right now is unbelievable. sent out a 787 on 7/23 and was at my doorstep on 8/7. You will not be disappointed if you use him. I know dan at fullbore does amazing work too but he is so busy he has not been accepting full builds for the last few months

I have a 951 DI motor that Tom rebuilt for me. Other than it taking a while to get, I have 0 complaints! It runs great, and has good compression. I have about 60 hours on it over the past year riding exclusively in the ocean. It always starts right up. If and when I need another rebuild I’ll be sending my motor to him again. I didn’t mind the extended turn around tile as it was the dead of winter for me. The turn around time was much longer than expected, but, it was also the begging of covid where everything just stopped. I’m happy I had him rebuild it, and he provides a warranty as well.

Tom did my 717 last year. 7 week turnaround and it was still summertime so I thought that wasn’t too bad. So far it runs perfect. I would use him again.

Posted this a week ago, and SBT already called me to say crank is coming in the mail. After 1 week! So 6-8 weeks is just a under promise over deliver?!

Either way, I decided to run the SES crank as is so we will see how long she lasts. At least now I will have a spare motor ready to go quick should it decide to grenande

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back