Seadoo speedster twin engine jet boat 1999

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water sports

can somebody tell me what size battery I need on my 1999 speedster jet boat twin engine two stroke. also I want to know what amperage I should get currently the boat is running one battery my understanding the boat came to batteries but this looks like it's been possibly converted to one battery

They are factory 1 battery. However when adding speaker amps or trolling motors, having 2 with the 2nd as a deep cycle is smart. There's many examples of doing this on here. For me I'm stock setup on a 98 and use a single SL34MAGM battery. Works like a champ and these 2 strokers don't take much anyways. And as always NEVER charge or jump the battery while connected to the boat unless you fancy hunting a mpem

A min of 650 CCA battery will work.but remember the charging system on these jet boats are the same as the jet skis.and they may call it a charging system but it's more of a maintaining system.if you go crazy with battery's lights amps for a radio and so fourth the voltage regulators get hot and crap out.so what I do with these older boats and skis I try and stick to acid battery not agm and replace the battery's every couple years.i also wire in a tender plug so my cust can plug it in the night before.not a fan of leaving even tenders on all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back