seadoo islandia gas meter and sender unit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocke Sweden

After running low on gas I have decided to look into the problem with the gas meter or sender unit.

It only shows a bit over the red mark on the meter, even though almost half or full tank.
So...
The sender, meter or wiring fault?

I took out the unit. I can't see no magnet only like some integrated circuit with some resistor on it? No shown faults. Nothing in the tank.

Pics hereIMAG0816.jpgIMAG0814.jpgIMAG0813.jpg

If that's what it looked like when you pulled it out, you are missing the bottom end cap. It has a screen in it and it holds the level float in the sender. The end cap and float must still be in the tank.

Yes there should be a hollow plastic float with a magnet attached to it. It rides up and down inside of the sender. The magnet toggles the reed switches giving a level reading to your guage. My float is white and kind if half moon shaped. Sorry I don't have a picture.

That a question , Haha...don't know. It's my first season with this boat so I'm still learning and figure out the boat...
Obviously the float is missing and I can't see it in the tank, if its there anyway?
The easiest way is to buy a new float and mount I think...
Can the float be bought seperatly? Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back