Seadoo Forum Group Rides in Florida 2013

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Spimothy Leary

Next Scheduled Ride

Feb 24th Bradenton River
1pm arrival, launch no later than 1:30

3020 Manatee Avenue East Bradenton FL 34208 at ramp by 1pm
for a cruise around the area...

Might schedule a lunch stop nearby for Noon if anybody wants to meet us for sammiches and liquid beverage.

4 Ski's Confirmed

Cant make this one ill be stuck on the boat till March 3rd

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

the launch time on the 24th has been changed.

Feb 24th Bradenton River
10:30 arrival, launch at 11am..

3020 Manatee Avenue East Bradenton FL 34208
for a cruise around the area... maybe a lunch break, we'll finalize that if we can locate an ideal spot to take the ski's to lunch, i'll be discussing that with the riders as we get closer. Consider packing extra fuel in the car since we should have time to make two long runs with a fuel stop back at the ramp in between

i would bump this thread, but it's already at the top :) (I guess that's technically a bump)

Damn... I have to work, but this sounds like fun. Keep me updated with new dates & times around the Tampa/St Pete/Bradenton area.

hey spim, just kinda curious, u guys don't go super fast the whole time right? cause my spi doesn't go all that fast, the other day we were out riding, and my spi couldn't keep up AT ALL with my gsx

hey spim, just kinda curious, u guys don't go super fast the whole time right? cause my spi doesn't go all that fast, the other day we were out riding, and my spi couldn't keep up AT ALL with my gsx

i don't thing we'll be doing any major speed runs, and chuck/mike with the go fast 4 strokes are skipping the ride so no worries. are you bringing anybody with you ?

there is another group ride heading out the same time from the ramp to venice and back, like 100 miles round trip, our tentative plan is maybe to ride south with them a little bit, maybe 10 miles or so, then turn around and head up the river for a spell. there is NO way I can make a 100 mile run, and have no intention of even trying to go that far ! so just look for me and we'll proceed from there, i'll have my xp.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, 100 miles, even if I had enough gas, i'm not sure my skis would last that long, yea, I'm bringing a buddy with me, so we'll have 2 skis, I also invited my neighbor, he usually doesn't come out, but i told him just let me know whenever, he has a yamaha 4 stroke

only 2 days away, time to start charging my batteries!!!

i'll try to get to the ramp between 10:30 and 10:45, once I get there I should be ready to unload, I'll get everything ready here

sounds like a plan, if anything try to be there early, i'm going to get there around 10, i wanted to meet a couple of the junkies from the website.

sounds like a plan, if anything try to be there early, i'm going to get there around 10, i wanted to meet a couple of the junkies from the website.

I've met Kevin H & Travis. 2 really ice guys. Last March Kevin even ask if i needed help on a retaining wall that I wanted to build, he helped a lot and taught me a few tricks

well, forum ride #2 got off to a rocky start and finished about the same :(

5 riders attended.

my guide (rider #6) showed up but didn't bring a ski (long story) and to my knowledge never actually made it on the water, one ski has issues starting, my ski ran poorly and I need to pull the carbs, another ski got towed, the best running ski out of the bunch was probably the Yamaha :lol:

I left early, sorry, 80% because my ski wasn't running right, and 20% due to frustration.

the next scheduled ride will go smoother :)

so... where to ride next ?

as I mentioned before, my area around Ft Myers isn't real practical for a group ride until after the First of May, (rain and manatee zones open up)

actually the best running ski was prob my gsx :) the yamaha, was on the trickle charger, and it wouldn't start up when we got to the ramp, so he had to jump start it, that's why he asked u about what you do for charging

actually the best running ski was prob my gsx :) the yamaha, was on the trickle charger, and it wouldn't start up when we got to the ramp, so he had to jump start it, that's why he asked u about what you do for charging

lol, GSX for the win...

if he's going to let it sit for weeks at a time, i'd say the Battery Tender Jr. is a perfect fit $25 online or at batteries plus locally... he can leave it on for a long time and not worry. Don't use a cheap trickle charger !... use the Tender Jr.

I upgraded to the Optiplex after nick talked about his, and I like it, but at $65 ish its too expensive for just a single ski owner IMO, i liked it because I buy fugged up ski's to flip, the batteries are always trash, and the optiplex restores them, ( not all ,but it did save two batteries for me that the Jr said were DOA) so it paid for itself in the first weekend...

this little guy IMO is an invaluable piece of equipment for anybody that doesn't ride weekly.

550.jpg

and what I like most is you can attach it right to the battery (not with alligators, but with the connectors)
and then just quick connect it when you need it, easy on easy off, takes like 3 seconds.

i do but I have plans this sunday, ball game.

working on a lake placid thing for the 17th tho, will let you know when finalized.

hi there mirror, i would say welcome to the forums, but looks like you've been a member for years before me!

Thanks Nammer, yes I have been registered a long time but unfortunately haven't been a good contributor, I will try and do better in the future. You seem to have a good bunch of riders that like to get together and ride. I post most things on the club forum but will try and let you know about the rides here also. We do have the 2nd annual spring Jetski Bash at the end of April in St Pete so hopefully I will see a lot of you there again.

I believe that Spim is working on a ride for Sunday April 14th. Meet somewhere between Bradenton & N. of Ft Meyers.
I'll join in on that ride...finally.

Back