Sea-Doo Spark Review - X4 Enthusiasts Rejoice! The Spark is here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
So I stopped by the Sea Doo dealer today on the way home from work and got a quote.
The $4999.99 is for the 2up 60hp model with no manual reverse, IBR or "convenience package." Just start and go.

I got a quote for a 2up 90hp with IBR, rear boarding step and storage compartment for $6600.00 each.
3up with everything would be $7200.00.

The $6600.00 quote for the 90hp 2up version was w/out a trailer right?

Also aren't the footwell carpet pads an extra cost as well...just as the front storage is?

Cya

So I stopped by the Sea Doo dealer today on the way home from work and got a quote.
The $4999.99 is for the 2up 60hp model with no manual reverse, IBR or "convenience package." Just start and go.

I got a quote for a 2up 90hp with IBR, rear boarding step and storage compartment for $6600.00 each.
3up with everything would be $7200.00.

Sounds about right. I am looking at about $6100 out the door. $4999 starting price, $700 for the H.O. Option and $125 for the storage and then sales tax.

The $6600.00 quote for the 90hp 2up version was w/out a trailer right?

Also aren't the footwell carpet pads an extra cost as well...just as the front storage is?

Cya

Didn't ask about the footwell. If not, I would just hydro turf mats anyway.

No trailer.

2 up 90hp option only for me please!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

If you aren't looking for other options, might want to consider the 60hp as there will be tuning options that are less than the 90hp upgrade.

I am buying a 2 up H.O. No other options besides maybe the storage. How much would the tune run? What and where would I have to send it to get tuned? The H.O. Option is $700-$800 but wont void a warranty. I take it a tune will void warranty.

I am buying a 2 up H.O. No other options besides maybe the storage. How much would the tune run? What and where would I have to send it to get tuned? The H.O. Option is $700-$800 but wont void a warranty. I take it a tune will void warranty.
We'll have the tune on PWC Muscle for sure. Still working out pricing. There are a few solutions that we are considering, and one is a hand held tuner that you can reflash the stock tune before servicing.

Don't forget it's night time blanket. $184 part# 280-000-555

249.jpg

We'll have the tune on PWC Muscle for sure. Still working out pricing. There are a few solutions that we are considering, and one is a hand held tuner that you can reflash the stock tune before servicing.

I have found out from someone in the know that they are tying the ECU flash to the display somehow; Im told if you want to go from 60 to 90hp after the fact the display has to be switched out.

Sounds insane, my source thought so too, but its a very reliable source.

Sounds about right to me, look at how they did the motor mounts between the different 2 stroke skis. They made sure it was not worth trying to retrofit a 787 or a 951 into a GTI. I guess you could call it model integrity.

Looks like no dess key on these. Im shocked that there will not be a dess but it comes with the O.T.A.S. I would have liked the option of a VTS over a manual reverse or IBR system.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it had the dess. If you watch the video you can hear the beep beep. But it looks to be a new style lanyard. The float is not in the key but back towards the clip.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I doubt any manufacture would produce something of value without some sort of a DESS or a comparative item.

I originally assumed it would have it since every model since 96 has it but when going over the brochure I noticed the non checked section. It is strange how seadoo.com was not ready with all the info. I would have thought they would have everything all set and ready to go when rolling out the spark on the website. I have been searching for new info everyday on the spark and they are not really releasing any info besides what we already know. I know that in a few short weeks we will know alot more.

The build your seadoo section on seadoo.com should not even be there. Why would you have your webpage show that and then when you click on it, it says coming soon. They should have just left that off until they were actually ready for it.

Has anyone figured out a definite answer on whether or not the spark has dess or not? They could have left that option out to help keep that price point in the range they were shooting for. I dont care about IBR or reverse, I think the spark needs a manual trim option to make it perfect. Im hoping something aftermarket for trim or a factory add on comes out soon for it.

I can't imagine them making a ski w/o a dess. Maybe not the dess we are all used to but I'm sure it will definitely have some sort of security/safety switch

I think it is on the one with the fruit cup with the captain's hat on.

I just watched a few of the videos and definately no lanyard hooking to the boat anywhere that I could see

Im sure there has to be, PER USCG.

The DESS is just a chip in the lanyard like your car key It may not have this but I don't see why as its probably on $10 per machine if that and it would generate more dealer revenue on keys and problems

It also didn't have the typical big rubberized end. It looked more like plastic y that's arched

Back