Quantity of gel coat to fill carpet snaps is... (or use something different?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of removing the carpet and replacing with BlackTip traction mat (HydroTurf apparently does not have a pattern for the 210 Challenger).

For the OCD type that is likely to use a gel coat patch material (thinking spectrum) to fill the screw holes... how much is needed 2oz, 1/4 pint, quart...

Or if you've done this and recommend a different product or approach, please let me know.

Will also have to remove the BRP mats stuck on the exterior stern locker - hints... Thinking about the interior, maybe grey wishbone better choice than black (and cooler).

Picture of happy place.

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 46
The 2oz patch kits say they can do 5 silver dollar sized areas. I'd say that's plenty.

Post some pics after you install the mats. We have a 210 as well and would like to add some other type of floor cover. We love the looks of Seadek, but the complete kit is roughly $1200. I've seen other "hydro-turf-like" mats, but haven't seen a color and pattern we like yet.

The simple grooved lines look good and likely simplest to clean if something goes sideways. Am asking for a couple colour samples (grey) in different patterns as boat is about three different greys inside (in addition to black which is plan B). Will post pics of that once arrive. From the monitor wishbone looks good.

FYI, there is a group buy on seadek this month on jetboaters.net thru jetboatpilot. I'm planning to order the gray faux teak kit for my 210. They are hoping for a 30% discount depending on the # of orders.

FYI, there is a group buy on seadek this month on jetboaters.net thru jetboatpilot. I'm planning to order the gray faux teak kit for my 210. They are hoping for a 30% discount depending on the # of orders.

So roughly $850 for a complete set? PM me the link?

SeaDek is nice but the cost is way too high. Even at $850 it is still more then double the cost of Hydro Turf. I put down Hydro Turf about three years ago and it still looks good. The best upgrade for the money in my opinion.

I believe the Seadek has more coverage compared to the hydroturf, but for me it's the look of the two. The Seadek looks super nice IMO.

Seadek.jpg

Thanks for the group buy tip.

For BlackTip Jetports a full interior / exterior coverage setup is ~$350. Only surfaces missing are those on the inside of the lounge seats.

Hydro-Turf is out as no Challenger 210 pattern.

Changed the oil yesterday, boat hit 75km/h warming up the motors (which suggests no wear ring issue yet) perfect sync, exactly same temperatures, beautiful piece of machinery. Sadly was likely the last outing for the year.

Thanks appreciate that. Was waiting to receive samples (SBT replied promptly, other co no reply to two emails, and hydro turf replied that do not have pattern for 210Se) and then was pulled in on a mate's wedding (for this weekend, we started planning two weeks ago...). Will return to this project shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back