Need help fixing water leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt12995

I have a water leak coming inside the ski. I have a 1997 GTX. Not sure what the area is called so I included a pic with a arrow going to the spot the water is coming in at. Appreciate any help. IMG_6625.JPG

Your diaphragm has a hole or the housing is warp. Pull the cap and see if the spring clamp punched a holes the rubber diaphragm.

No holes. The area right where the arrow is pointing is lose and that is where the water is coming out of.

No holes. The area right where the arrow is pointing is lose and that is where the water is coming out of.

Are you asking for advice how to fix it? Take it off and put a little 515 on the threads then screw it back on. Brass fitting to the muffler can be fairly tight, but don't over torque the water valve that goes on top that. Recheck and see if it still leaks, if it does remove again and readdress.

Note: If you don't have loctite 515 laying around, you could wrap the brass fitting threads in teflon tape then reassemble, that should work equally well.

Last edited:
If it's just the plastic that threads on the muffler you can typically turn them 1 full turn without even removing them and stop the leak at the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back