NEED 06 GTX 185 sc ECU!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ1189

So I recently pulled the fuel pump out of my ski to change the fuel filters and when I put the pump back together and replaced it it no longer turned on I have checked every single connection and circuit for continuity I have checked battery voltage and everything checks out which leads me to believe that my ECU is fried because it is not getting its switched ground power from the ECU but it is getting it's 12 V power from the MPEM. Does anybody on here know of or have or have an ECU that I could purchase For my 2006 GTX185 super charged ski? I have heard that this is the one year of ski that you can't interchange with an older ECU or something like that if someone could chime in with some information on ECU capabilities with my ski that would be greatly appreciated as well. I would also be interested in buying a complete blown up jetski of the same year that I could use 4 parts. Thanks in advance I really hope someone can help me lol.

You are right about the 06 models. They are a transition year where they have an mpem still but the newer style electronics and cluster so no other year will work. It's possible to upgrade to the 07 style but still a lot of things to change. I helped fix someone on here last year fix their 06 185 that was local where I supplied them with a new ECU, cluster, and did all the flashing and programming for them but will be even harder this year since those ecus are now discontinued.

Hey guys thanks for your responses! I do have an update though so whenever I pulled the fuel pump I used the can-doo software to relieve the fuel system pressure and when you do that there is a 120 second timer that disables the fuel pump and then after the 120 seconds it re enables the pump. so when I clicked the fuel pressure relief button and cranked the engine over for appx. 10-15 seconds i removed the key without waiting the full 120 seconds before removing the key which internally locked out the ECU and that ended up being the problem I plugged the candle back into the ski And waited a full 120 seconds and it allowed the fuel pump to turn back on so I actually do not need a new ECU but this seems to be a problem that nobody has discussed before on these forums so hopefully if anyone ever has this problem they can try this as a solution.

I was going to say, you go to change a filter, then need an ECU doesn't sit well, it was something else. Glad you figured it out.

I was going to say, you go to change a filter, then need an ECU doesn't sit well, it was something else. Glad you figured it out.
Thats what I was telling myself lol I literally rode it the day before and when I took the pump out it mysteriously stopped working so I knew it had to be something I did lol. It's a blessing having this forum though I've learned so much in only a few months just about 4techs alone. Insane

When I first purchase mine, I pulled the plugs, and turned it over to see how the plugs were sparking, and then my Dash Display didn't work. Ended up disconnecting the battery for a minute and that reset everything I guess. These things do some weird stuff when your probing around with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back