Modding a 03 GTX/DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KK40384

Premium Member
Premium Member
What can I do to it to gain some performance without sacrificing too much reliability. It has the 951 two stroke in it not the 4 tec.

Chang the impeller is the only safe answer I know of for that model as I have heard to many negative storys about the di model that I would not want to change any thing on it unless the mod made it burn richer than I might do it so that I may have a less of a chance of blowing up the top end as they seem to be bad for this. I do not believe that you would find a mods as I just described. :cheers:

Yea that's all I could think of too. There's a level one kit that comes with the impeller, pcm, ported head, and air filter. They claim 15-18hp on the dyno and 5-8mph with no sacrifice in reliability. I just don't see myself dropping over 1k for gains that are that small. I might just hold on to it as is for this summer and then next year pick up an RXT or RXT-X. Is it even possible to swap a 4-tec sc/ic in it? Or so i need the pump and all the other stuff too. If it's just motor and harness I'd consider doing that.

Quote from tech....

...This is JUST MY OPINION (got banned from the ppg board for having one) but a DI is a touchy machine and it seems to me that modifying one for performance will end up costing you quite a bit more in the long run.
I did find,.. that cleaning the Raves will allow rpms up, and installing a solas 15/20 impellor.
I'm keep look'n, i'll post if find anything else....
Another Quote....Harry at Group K offers a mild head modification.
GP at Sea Doo.net offers a bunch of mods, some controversy as to what works though amongst customers of PPG DI mods so be careful. I would talk to as many owners as I could before spending a dime on DI mods. I have heard some horror stories........ And the results after spending a grand or so are very little. The DI is not the best choice of boat to start modifying.

I came to the same conclusion about the DI so i got rid of it last night and bought a 2005 RXT. Much easier to mod :cheers: Plus i only paid $4500 for it with only 26hrs. Can't go wrong with that

Think its supercharged, BTW..killer price, but i'd have those ceramic washers inspected/removed for the steel ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back