knoking sound coming from rear jet pump area?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

adc66

I have a lot of questions but dont want to seem rediculous asking so many at one time on here lol, anyway my jet pump started making a light knoking sound at low rpm sitting there in water but when i rev it up it goes away is it maybe the wear ring? Or something else i noticed where the drive shaft boot is the one with 2 clamps it moves up and down like free play and when it was at idle and i moved it up and down it let water come into the hull but when i let go it stopped is this normal ?

I think what you're hearing the the SeaDoo rattle. There is play in the drive shaft and when the ski is not under a load the drive shaft will move back and forth. The noise will go away once the ski is under load. I personally just set my idle high enough to minimize the rattle.

I'm not sure what you're saying about water coming into the hull, if water is coming in through the drive shaft boot you may need to rebuild the drive shaft and replace the boot. The boot actually keeps some pressure on the drive shaft so that might be part of your problem.

Lou

I think what you're hearing the the SeaDoo rattle. There is play in the drive shaft and when the ski is not under a load the drive shaft will move back and forth. The noise will go away once the ski is under load. I personally just set my idle high enough to minimize the rattle.

I'm not sure what you're saying about water coming into the hull, if water is coming in through the drive shaft boot you may need to rebuild the drive shaft and replace the boot. The boot actually keeps some pressure on the drive shaft so that might be part of your problem.

Lou

Lou, I think he is talking about the boot on the carbon ring. Yes adc66, if you pull back on the boot at the back of the driveshaft it is normal for water to come into the hull. That boot holds the carbon ring, which creates a seal against the Stainless Steel ring in front of it. When the ski is in the water that boot is full of water to cool the carbon ring which is free floating on the driveshaft so water can pass between the driveshaft and the carbon ring if you pull back on it and open the seal between the carbon ring and the SS ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back