ibr module failure meassage on dash

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishpro

My 2020 fish pro has been to the dealer twice now for an ibr module failure issue ( 21 hours). First time around they replace the Ibr trigger. The second time around they replaced the actuator. I went for a ride and about 55 km in the message scrolled across again "ibr module failure". and the Ibr light flashes on the dash. Shut off seadoo for a good 20 minutes and no more fault and system works fine.
They only electronic device added was the Ski and X package Module. Noticed that each time the fault would activate was later in a ride, 40 minutes or more.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I'll prefaced this by I have know it about the newer skis but.....can you disconnect the added package and ride with it like that. Or is that dealer enabled? If the warning doesn't come back up at least you can point the dealer in that location.

I'll prefaced this by I have know it about the newer skis but.....can you disconnect the added package and ride with it like that. Or is that dealer enabled? If the warning doesn't come back up at least you can point the dealer in that location.

I will try that, I can disconnect it myself....thank you...I will update my results..

……..sounds like it could be a common issue is what you saying?

No, I'm an old 2 stroke guy. I know zero about the new stuff. But, I'm a service technician for the last 26 years. When I trouble shoot equipment for electrician gremlins I disconnect certain aspects of the machine to get down to an as built machine. If it works stock, and I slowly at the options back in to the machine I can pin point which device is giving the machine problems.

No, I'm an old 2 stroke guy. I know zero about the new stuff. But, I'm a service technician for the last 26 years. When I trouble shoot equipment for electrician gremlins I disconnect certain aspects of the machine to get down to an as built machine. If it works stock, and I slowly at the options back in to the machine I can pin point which device is giving the machine problems.

Sweet, thanks so much, going for a ride today, will report back. nice to hear from a technician.

Went for a 60km ride yesterday and no issues with the ibr. it is frustrating cause it only acts up once in while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back