how to tell if its a big hub pump 140mm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

glsmohio

looking for some info for my next build. how do you tell a big hub pump (140mm) form the standard?

82.jpg
83.jpg

Had these sitting on the bench.

Easiest way to tell is the cone. On the small hub you can see the screw heads, on the big hub the screws are counter sunk into the cone.

The other thing to remember is the impeller, you will need a large hub impeller. Problem is you will need to have one re-pitched. They don't make any "performance" impellers for that pump. I talked with Braley about this over the summer. Matt told me to just stick with a brass 140 pump. Good thing for me is I have an extra large hub pump in case I ever trash one on my Speedster.

82.jpg

285.jpg

It's supposed to give much better bottom end. I'm finally putting mine on this week. Supposed to be like a poor man's skat trak pump.

Easiest way to tell is the cone. On the small hub you can see the screw heads, on the big hub the screws are counter sunk into the cone.

The other thing to remember is the impeller, you will need a large hub impeller. Problem is you will need to have one re-pitched. They don't make any "performance" impellers for that pump. I talked with Braley about this over the summer. Matt told me to just stick with a brass 140 pump. Good thing for me is I have an extra large hub pump in case I ever trash one on my Speedster.

82.jpg

285.jpg
Skat will make you anything but it wont be cheap[emoji6]

I just put a big hub on my spx tonight and am planning on testing out tomorrow after work. It's a mint pump with stock gsx impeller. I'll be sending it off to be reworked over winter but wanted to have a point of reference as to where it was stock.

I just put a big hub on my spx tonight and am planning on testing out tomorrow after work. It's a mint pump with stock gsx impeller. I'll be sending it off to be reworked over winter but wanted to have a point of reference as to where it was stock.
Iirc the big hub needs a different nozzel size than the 85 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back